Awards for which students are selected by a departmental committee
Donald A. and Marie Rothschild Award
Established in memory of Dr. Donald A. Rothschild, a member of the Eastern faculty from 1934-1967 and Head of the Department of Psychology, this annual award is given to a Psychology major who is a junior and who demonstrates the potential for making a significant contribution to psychology.
|2010||Olivia R. Buttram|
|2008||Ryan C. Pezold|
|2007||Sarita N. Desai|
|2006||Anne D. McClure|
|2002||Julie A. Skalitzky|
|2001||Kara M. Lidy|
|1998||Barbara Anne Davis|
|1982||Diane Von Houdnos|
|1972||Peggy (Edwards) Carter|
Spencer-McGown-Wilson Student Scholarship
- This scholarship of $750 is to be awarded annually to a student majoring in Psychology who has demonstrated a capacity for excellence in the quantitative and experimental areas of Psychology. The minimal requirements are as follows:
- Completion of Introductory Statistics (PSY 2610) with a grade of "A"
- Completion of Research Methods/Experimental Psychology (PSY 3805/3810) with a grade of "A"
- Junior or Senior year status.
- Special consideration will be given to any student who has had a research project accepted for publication or published in a refereed Psychology journal or who has presented a paper or poster at a regional (MPA) or national (APA, APS) association meeting. Other consideration will be given to students who have papers or posters officially accepted for future presentation in national or regional conferences.
- In the case where 2 or more candidates are considered to be equally qualified by the committee, the scholarship will be awarded to the student with the highest overall GPA.
|2010||Andrew L. Luttrell|
|2009||Ryan C. Pezold|
|2008||Kristen M. Russler|
|2007||Stacey R. Macklin|
|2006||Erin E. Fulkerson|
|2001||Michelle C. Croft|
Fred L. Yaffe Award
For recognition of outstanding achievement in research as an undergraduate Psychology student.
|2012||Joseph E. Morger|
|2011||Emily A. Estes|
|2010||Cassandra N. Ledvina|
|2009||Chelsie M. Young|
|2008||Stephanie J. Kibble|
|2007||Anne D. McClure|
|2006||Laura L. Hankins|
Dr. William Bailey Award
The Bailey Award is designed to support the research of students working under the supervision of psychology faculty. Awards may fund registration and travel to conferences to present research, costs associated with completing research, and other research-related costs.
Criteria for the award include the following:
- Must be a full-time junior, senior, or graduate student majoring in psychology.
- Research must be supervised by a psychology faculty member.
- Preference is given to students who are likely to publish an article or present a paper at a professional meeting.
Download the 2015 Application, due Friday December 11, 2015.
|2015||Olivia Link, Emily Rardin, Kaci Clark|
|2014||Megan Dandurand, Emily Estes|
|2013||Rachel Schaub, Dean Pappas, Leah Welker|
|2012||Melissa C. Werfelmann, Sanja Trtanj|
|2011||Amanda Clevinger, Andrea Hadley|
Awards for which Students are Selected by Student Organizations
Psi Chi Outstanding Student of the Year
|2009-10||Cassandra N. Ledvina|
|2008-09||Sarita N. Desai|
|2006-07||Amanda M. Cole|
|1999-00||Nicole L. Glover|
|1998-99||Sarah E. Bordenkircher|
|1996-97||Jessica M. Borah|
|1995-96||Maria Katarina Baker|
|1994-95||Jennifer Marie Watson|
Psychology Club's Most Valuable Member
|2011-12||Nicole R. Davidson|
|2010-11||Oladapo (Queenie) Akindele|
|2009-10||Linda A. Morrical|
Scholarships for which students may formally apply
Application forms are available from the main office of the Psychology Department
Frances M. Hoene Memorial Scholarship
The recipient must be a full time student, majoring in psychology, Junior or Senior status with two semesters at EIU, minimum 3.25 GPA in Psychology and 3.25 GPA overall, and interested in pursuing a career working with children.
|2012||Michelle R. Watson|
|2010||Alyssa N. Anderson|
|2009||Cassandra N. Ledvina|
|2008||Stefanie R. Ghan|
|2007||Amanda M. Cole|
|2006||Stephanie N. Guthrie|
David R. & S. Lynn Murphy Psychology Scholarship
The recipient must be a full-time junior or senior student, majoring in Psychology, minimum GPA of 3.0, transfer student with an Associates Degree, and have an interest in pursuing a career in education. Writing ability is a consideration.
|2012||Dana L. Miller|
|2011||Michelle R. Watson|
|2010||Tyler L. Grubb|
|2008||Elizabeth A. Woods|
|2007||Ryan W. Althoff|
|2006||Jennifer L. Hauptly|
Sue B. Stoner Scholarship
The recipient must be a full-time undergraduate student, majoring in Psychology, mimum 3.2 GPA, with a plan to pursue a career in School Psychology or Psychology Education.
|2014||Stephanie Saintyl, Kassandra Vandenberg|
|2013||Michelle Restko, Nicole Davidson|
|2012||Johnathan A. Ritchie|
|2010||Michael R. Stinson|
|2009||Andrew L. Luttrell|
|2008||Molly J. Van Deursen|
|2007||Tyson R. Holder|
Lynn Karen Adams (nee Broholm) Memorial Scholarship
This generous scholarship will award one Psychology student $3000 to be paid next semester. The student must:
- Be a full-time student majoring in Psychology.
- Be a transfer student from a two-year college who has been accepted for admission to Eastern Illinois University (current students who previously transferred from a 2-year college are eligible).
- Have at least a 2.75 GPA in all college-level courses.
- Financial need is not a consideration.
- Students must be enrolled at Eastern in the semester when they will receive the award (Fall).
- Preference will be given to candidates for this scholarship who have a demonstrated knowledge of and familiarity with customs and culture of the Mediterranean area of the world. (However, this is not an absolute requirement, and should not be a barrier to anyone applying for the award).
|2013||Nathaniel A. Young|