Undergraduate Checklist for Admission
- Application for Admission1
- Official records (transcripts or mark sheets) beginning with secondary school. Transcripts must bear the seal and signature of the appropriate school official, and be accompanied by an official English translation if necessary. A minimum grade point average of a 2.0 on a 4.0 scale is required. All transcripts become property of this University. Transfer students are required to submit course descriptions or syllabi as this information will greatly expedite the transfer process.A passport copy is also required.Before,the international office can process your deferral,you must return your original I-20 if you received one.
- English Language Proficiency Requirement2: Official TOEFL, IELTS, STEP EIKEN, Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB), or iTEP Academic Plus Examination mailed directly from the respective testing service. The school code for Eastern Illinois University is 1199. Test results are valid for two years only. Required scores are listed here. Please note, conditional admission is possible for students who have not met the English requirement.
- A completed International Student Financial Affidavit Form with an original bank statement signed and sealed, documenting sufficient funding for the intended program of study. To see the total cost of one year of study, please see our Costs page.
- Non-refundable application fee of $30.00 U.S. in the form of a check, certified check or money order made payable to Eastern Illinois University, application fee is valid for one year.
1Admission deadlines are as follows: May 15 for Fall Admission/October 15 for Spring Admission
2English Proficiency Requirements can be waived under the following circumstances:
- You have successfully completed Level 9 at one of The Language Company centers in the United States.
You have successfully completed 24 semester hours of academic credit from a U.S. college or university, or
You have completed Level 112 courses with a Certificate of Completion from an ELS Language Center in the U.S., or
You have successfully completed two consecutive years of courses in a country where English is the primary language and medium of instruction (within the past two years).
- You have successfully completed two terms (one semester) of English for Academic Purposes 2 (Level 6) at the Center of English as a Second Language (CESL) at Southern Illinois University - Carbondale.
You have successfully completed the Proficiency Level, Certificate of Achievement from Kaplan International Colleges.