Classification and Compensation
Classification and Compensation has a variety of responsibilities including:
- Salary and Classification planning/policy.
- Desk audits/classification reviews (new and vacant positions, organizational development).
- New hire/promotion rates.
- Annual increase implementation, including salary modeling.
- Job evaluation/pay ranges.
- Classification specification revisions.
- Performance evaluation.
- Labor market information/analyses.
- Bargaining unit bases (used in negotiations).
- Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt positions, overtime, hours worked, travel interpretations).
- Exemption requests/recommendations.