How do I install the Cisco AnyConnect VPN on my Windows Computer?
To install AnyConnect, follow these steps:
- Download the AnyConnect installer. (The download requires signing in with your EIU e-mail address and NetID password.)
- Extract the files from the zip.
- Double-click anyconnect.msi and follow the prompts to complete the installer.
- Double-click anyconnect-gina.mis and follow the prompts to complete the installer.
- Restart your computer.
- Connect to the Internet.
- Find and launch Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client from the Start Menu.
- For the first time starting AnyConnect, you will be greeted with a blank box.
If you are on-campus using the WiFi, enter: oncampus.eiu.edu
If you are off-campus, enter perimeter.eiu.edu
- Hit Enter.
- You should see a pop-up requesting user credentials. Change the drop-down at the top to 'eiufas'.
- Enter your credentials and hit 'Ok'.
- You should now be connected to VPN.
After installation is completed, you may safely delete the downloaded installer and extracted files.