Do I have to call Campus Technology Support to reset my password if I have forgotten it?
You may visit https://password.eiu.edu to reset your password if you have previously enrolled with the Password Management Tool.
- Click on the Reset Password link.
- Enter your NetID when prompted for your Domain User Name and click the Continue button.
- You can then choose to provide the answers to your security questions or receive a verification code to an alternative email address or mobile phone number. You will also have to enter the CAPTCHA and click the Continue button.
- If you choose Security Questions, you can answer two questions and a CAPTCHA.
- If you choose verification code to email, follow the link in your email to reset your password. If you choose verification code to mobile phone, enter the Verification Code you were sent as a text message, enter the CAPTCHA, and click the Continue button.
- You may then set your password to something that meets our EIU password security requirements by entering your new password twice, entering the CAPTCHA, and clicking the Reset Password button.
If you have not previously enrolled in the Password Management Tool, you must call Campus Technology Support at (217) 581-4357 during operating hours with your E Number to have it reset.
We encourage everyone to enroll in the Password Management Tool so that you may reset your password or unlock your account 24/7.