How do I care for my Panther Card?
Your Panther Card is a valuable asset to you. To avoid replacement fees and the inconvenience of a damaged card, it is important to take appropriate care of your card. The following card care tips will help keep your card in working order:
- Protect your card in a wallet, but do not place it directly against the plastic viewing window.
- Avoid getting your card wet. It doesn't do well in the washing machine.
- Avoid bending your card or sitting on it.
- Replace your damaged card and never use a damaged card in either the Dining Service or Panther Card equipment.
- Carry your card "naked", especially in your back pocket. This is the number one ID killer on college campuses across the USA.
- Punch holes in your card.
- Place your card near anything that may erase the magnetic stripe (stereo speakers, television, magnet, etc.).
- Use your card as an ice scraper.
- Hold your ID in your mouth at anytime. Teeth marks and saliva will damage the card's magnetic stripe and smart chip.
- Loan your Panther Card to anyone at anytime! Keep it in a safe place at all times just as you would MasterCard or Visa credit cards.