Recent Searches

Loading Search Results...
Loading Directory Results...



Recent Pages

Recent Searches

PantherTech Support


How do I get a replacement Panther Card? 

Come to the Panther Card Office to obtain your replacement ID. Our trained staff is committed to providing all University customers with courteous and timely service. The Panther Card Office is located in Room 3040 in the Student Services Building.

Office Hours
Fall & Spring Semesters:
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Thursday       
7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., Friday 

Card Replacement

The following guidelines have been put in place in the event you need to replace your Panther Card ID because it has been lost or stolen, or damaged. If you have any questions, please contact the Campus Card office at 581-6596.

Lost/Stolen Panther Cards

Patrons should contact the Panther Card Office immediately if their card is lost, stolen, or damaged. Although the initial card is free, the replacement fee for lost or stolen cards is $20. Since the electronic cash (Panther Cash) on a lost or stolen Panther Card is not recoverable, your card should be treated as cash and kept in a secure place.

In addition, If you are using a meal plan or dining dollars, those departments should also be notified.

Damaged Panther Cards

Damaged Panther Cards are replaced at a reduced fee of $10, provided the damaged card is submitted to the card office staff. Damaged cards are a result of negligence or improper use (ex. carrying the card unprotected in one’s pocket, using the card to scrape a windshield, exposing the card to water, etc.)

If the damaged card's chip is readable, the value will be transferred immediately to the new card. If not, after a two week waiting period, the student will be advised to bring their card to Card Office for a value transfer.

"Preferred Name" Replacement Card

Students who have registered a new preferred name in PAWS and have received an e-mail that the preferred name has been approved can go to the Panther Card Office the following day to purchase a new card.  The replacement fee for a new card is $10 charged to your student account; ONLY if the prior card is turned in.  If the student has lost the prior card, the fee is $20 charged to the student account, in addition, if you are using meal plans or dining dollars, you must visit the Housing Department to have them placed back onto the new card. 

Replacement Fee Waivers

Waiving of replacement card fees will be dependent upon the condition of the student's Panther Card. All waivers are at the discretion of the Director or Assistant Director, Campus Cards. The following circumstances represent typical scenarios that may warrant a waiver:

If a card is defective at no fault of the user, the replacement fee can be waived for the cardholder. The card office staff will objectively review each damaged card to determine whether it is defective or damaged due to negligence.

In the event, that a student’s card is damaged by university personnel (ex. Dining services), that department can request in writing that the student receive no charge for their replacement ID. The general condition of the card will still be taken into consideration.

 I've Replaced My Card, What's Next?

  • If you are using a meal plan or dining dollars, go to Dining Services in person, immediately with your new card.
  • On your next visit to the Library, go to the Circulation desk to verify that your new library number has been entered into the Library's system.
  • As for the Rec Center, your new card should be usable there the following day with no additional effort from you.

Damaged Card Replaced?

  • No need to visit Dining Services, the Recreation Center, or the Library. Your actual card number does not change when replacing a damaged card.