How do I get my first Panther Card?
Come to the Panther Card Office to obtain your new ID. Our trained staff is committed to providing all University customers with courteous and timely service. The Panther Card Office is located in Room 3040 in the Student Services Building.
Fall & Spring Semesters:
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Thursday
7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., Friday
There's no charge for your very first Panther Card. All patrons requesting a Panther Card must complete and sign a Panther Card Agreement Form. Your card is good for your entire stay at EIU, even if you sit out a semester or a year. ID validation each year is NOT necessary as status verification is accessed from the University's database system.
The card office staff adheres to the following guidelines to govern the production and distribution of the Panther Card.
- All card applicants must provide one of the following acceptable forms of valid identification:
- State Issued Drivers License
- State Issued ID Card
- U.S. Military ID Card
- Students must be admitted for the current semester in which they are requesting an ID.
- Full-time/part-time Staff and Faculty members are automatically eligible
- A photo will be taken when obtaining a Panther Card. Photo rules are as follows: NO SUNGLASSES, NO HATS, NO HEAD WEAR OF ANY TYPE, UNLESS IT IS FOR MEDICAL OR RELIGIOUS REASONS
All patrons requesting a Panther Card must complete and sign a Panther Card Agreement Form. Completion of this form constitutes an acknowledgement of the card holders rights and responsibilities with respect to their official University identification card.
- The Panther Card is the property of the issuer (EIU).
- It is to be carried at all times.
- It may not be transferred or altered.
- Students shall show their identification card when requested to do so by Eastern Illinois University officials performing their duties who identify themselves and state the reason for their request.
- Valid Panther Cards may not be held by campus departments for any reason with the exception of the University Police Department and the Judicial Affairs Office when requested by officials in performance of their duties who identify themselves and state the reason for their request.
- In the event the card is surrendered upon request, stored value on the card will remain the property of the user.
- The Replacement fee is $20 for lost or stolen cards and $10 for damaged ones. If the card is defective at no fault of the user, the replacement fee may be waived.
- The electronic cash on a lost or stolen Panther Card is not recoverable. Therefore, the card should be treated as cash and kept in a secure place at all times. Students should not loan their cards to anyone at anytime.
- Unauthorized use warrants confiscation and/or disciplinary action.
- Account balances will remain on the card and carry over from semester to semester. Upon permanently leaving the University, a refund for the balance remaining on your card may be obtained by submitting a written request and surrendering your card within 60 days after the date of your graduation or other date established by the University as your permanent departure date. Any balances will be refunded through the University Billing System. All refunds are subject to reduction by any outstanding debt owed by the cardholder to the University.