CENCERE Idea Incubator
An Infrastructure that fosters Business Growth
It takes hard work, commitment and diligence to start a business. To do that you need office space where you can do the groundwork needed for success.
The CENCERE Idea Incubator provides an environment for businesses to cultivate ideas and develop strategies for research and growth. It is just the place for entrepreneurs and well-established businesses engaged in sustainable energy and technology enterprises.
The Idea Incubator provides an infrastructure at a lower cost and reduced risk. Businesses have access to office and conference rooms, labs, and a biomass storage and processing area.
The Idea Incubator offers
A lucrative environment for businesses to cultivate ideas and develop business strategies for research and growth.
Approximately 1000 square feet of office space which can be partitioned into two areas.
A support infrastructure at a lower cost and reduced risk.
Access to research area with processing and storage, gasifier area and analytical lab.
Ideal Incubator Space Allocation and Management
The Idea Incubator, room 1221, may be leased for use by entrepreneurs and regional businesses engaged in sustainable, clean energy enterprises.
Requests for use of Idea Incubator space are prioritized according to the following criteria:
1. Businesses pursuing clean energy/technology ventures.
2. Local businesses poised to make contributions to the local economy.
3. Research and teaching needs and interests of EIU faculty and students.
Particular consideration will be given to businesses that will collaborate with EIU students.
Procedure for Requesting Use of Space
1. Complete an Application To Request Use Of Idea Incubator Space
2. Each request will be reviewed by the Director of CENCERE who will consult with current users and the Director of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs.
3. Applicants will be responsible for obtaining signatures in the order listed on the form.
4. CENCERE will retain the final signed form and forward a copy to the applicant(s).
For more information about leasing space at the CENCERE Facility, contact Dr. Peter Ping Liu at pliu@eiu.