The Graduate Student Advisory Council is open to any and all currently registered EIU graduate students! GSAC is always looking for enthusiastic people that are willing to bring issues and concerns to the table and help their fellow graduate student.
Each graduate program has one voting delegate with each additional delegate as a general assembly member.
How to become a member:
- Appointment by your graduate program coordinator
- If you are unsure if your program has representatives contact your graduate program coordinator
- If your program has already appointed representatives, you are still more than welcome to be part of GSAC and to advocate for your program
- Contact a current GSAC officer via email
- Cost to join: GSAC's budget is paid for by student fees so there are no membership dues
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings
- Distribute information from GSAC meetings to their respective departments
- Participate in leadership development opportunities
- Network through social and volunteer programming
- Vote on initiatives that aim to improve the graduate student experience
- Join a committee
How it all works