In response to students’ need for increased flexibility and accessibility, the Gerontology faculty have designed an exciting new Low Residency1 Aging Studies MA online cohort program. Our transformed program will launch in June 2015 and our first cohort of graduate students will complete the program in December, 2016.
What makes our program unique:
- Proven track-record of educating students in the field of aging--Our Face-to-Face (F2F) Gerontology program has been offered at EIU since 1981.
- Our program currently holds the prestigious National Program of Merit Status; only four Master of Gerontology/Aging programs in the United States have been awarded this status.
- The new 36 credit Aging Studies MA program includes courses from seven different disciplines!
- Time to completion is only 18 months (five semesters)!
- COST—The cost of our new online MA degree program is only ~$12,500! This includes tuition plus all fees and textbooks!
Why Choose EIU for Aging Studies?
We believe in everything our program has to offer, but let's narrow it down to a few key reasons you should check us out.