Visit Us At:
1320 Buzzard Bldg.
Hours: Monday –Thursday
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Call for an appointment at 581-7898 or drop by.
Services of The Reading Center
- Individualized, workshop, and computer-aided instruction offered to all enrolled at Eastern Illinois University who wish to improve their language/grammar, reading and study skills
- GST 1000- Reading and Study Skills Improvement; courses offered every fall and spring semester. The grade earned contributes toward a cumulative grade point average; no credit counts towards graduation.
- Partnership with the Gateway Program at EIU. Through this partnership, the Reading Center provides facilities for monitored study hours for students wishing to complete their study hours in a quiet, distraction-free environment with resources and staff available for help.
- Home to the Diagnostic and Remedial reading program organized to provide individualized programs for children in grades 2-7 who may not be achieving up to their full potential in reading. Clinicians who are graduate students in the Masters’ Program assess reading skill, implement needed instruction, and provide parents with a detailed report. This service is offered through the Clinical Reading Practicum, and is held on Thursday evenings in the Reading Center.
- Students within the College of Education and Professional Studies are encouraged to take advantage of the resources available in the Reading Center when preparing for the Basic Skills/TAP.