Eastern Illinois University's Department of Student Teaching and Clinical Experiences is proud of its fine reputation for preparing teachers. All teacher education programs at EIU are fully and nationally accredited. Practical experience with learners in school settings is a vital component of our teacher education programs.
From classroom observation to small group teaching, straight through to practicum and student teaching, EIU students receive many opportunities to develop into teachers in their chosen field of expertise. Please contact our office if you have questions about student teaching or clinical experiences.
Doug Bower (email@example.com)
Spring 2015 Student Teaching - EIU TB Clinic - November 10-13
When: November 10 and November 11 - Give TB test
November 12 and November 13 - Read TB Test
Times: 8:00 - 12:00 and 1:00 -4:30
Where: EIU Career Services, 1301 Human Services Building
Applications to Student Teach in Fall 2015/Spring 2016
The deadline for applications to student teach in Fall 2015/Spring 2016 has now passed. If you plan to student teach in Fall 2015 or Spring 2016 but have not yet started your application please contact Dr. Doug Bower (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately
Reminders for Spring 2015 Student Teachers
- Complete fingerprinting for your criminal history report no later than October 15. Remember it is likely that your district will also require you to complete an additional FBI Criminal Background check.
- Submit your certificate of completion for the DCFS Mandated Reporter Training by October 15
- Read your edTPA Handbook so that you understand the complete process and requirements
- Pass the content test(s) in your discipline. It is important to register early for computer based tests. If you need assistance registering, contact the TASC office in Buzzard Hall 2303.
- Complete your TB test through the EIU Clinic scheduled for November 10. Watch for more information. Do not complete this requirement prior to the beginning of November.
- Attend one of the two mandatory student teaching meetings for Spring 2015 Student Teachers. They are scheduled for November 17 from 6-7 pm or November 18 from 5-6 pm. Both meetings will take place in Buzzard Hall Auditorium.
- Have a physical completed in accordance with the requirement for your cooperating district.
Student Teaching Application Fall 2015/ Spring 2016
The application deadline has now passed. If you plan to student teach in Fall 2015 or Spring 2016 but have not yet started your application please contact Dr. Doug Bower at email@example.com immediately
Every student planning to student teach must formally apply. To complete the application you will need a current transcript, an up-to-date resume (saved as a pdf), and a writing sample addressing specific criteria (saved as a pdf). You can request a digital copy of your transcript (Issued to Student) be sent to you via email by contacting the Registrar's Office. If you need assistance with preparing your resume please contact Career Services. Finally, specification/requirements for the writing sample can be found by clicking here.
To access your application click here.
Related EIU Links
- Ballenger Teachers Center
- Career Services
- College of Education and Professional Studies
- School of Continuing Education
- Counseling and Student Development
- Early Childhood, Elementary and Middle-Level Education
- Educational Leadership
- Health Studies
- Instructional Technology Center
- The Graduate School
- Grant Information
- Kinesiology and Sports Studies
- Recreation Administration
- Secondary Education and Foundations
- Special Education