Graduate Assistantship Information
The Civic Engagement and Volunteerism Office has two graduate assistantship positions. These positions normally run year round from June 1-May 31 and are offered as a two year assistantship. Due to this, we generally only have one open position every spring for the following year. General Hiring timeline
Our priority is to support the College Student Affairs graduate program. While we will accept all applications regardless of graduate program, we will interview CSA candidates first. This takes place in mid-February. If we still have an opening after this process is completed in early to mid-March, we will begin interviewing other candidates. Our goal is to have this position selected by early April each year. Preferred qualifications for assistantship:
Graduate Assistantship position descriptionApplication process
- Undergraduate involvement in community service, programming board, other student organizations
- Customer service and program planning experience
- Ability to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks
- Experienced problem solver who is comfortable being a leader
Hiring staff contact information
- If a CSA candidate, apply to the program first and select our office as an interest for the assistantship. You will submit your resume through this process.
- All other candidates will need email us a resume and include the program you have been accepted for and when you plan to start at EIU.
Beth Gillespie and Crystal Brown
Civic Engagement and Volunteerism
600 Lincoln Avenue Charleston, IL 61920