#87 - Student Publications Board
Approved: April 18, 2007
Monitor: Vice President for Academic Affairs and Vice President for Student Affairs
To supervise and govern all areas of student publications: The Daily Eastern News, Warbler, Minority Today and Vehicle.
The Board shall consist of the following voting members, with terms staggered in odd- and even-numbered years.
- Three students nominated by the Student Body President and approved by the Student Senate.
- Three student publication members nominated by the Society for Collegiate Journalists (EIU Chapter).
- Two faculty members nominated by the Faculty Senate.
- Two professional members of a journalistic, printing, or legal firm nominated by the Provost.
- One University administrator nominated by the Provost.
- The Student Body Vice President for Business Affairs.
The Board shall include non-voting ex-officio members, as follows:
- The Director of Student Publications
- The Editorial Advisor of Student Publications
- The Warbler Advisor
- The Minority Today Advisor
- The Student Publications Business Manager
- The Editors of all Student Publications
- The Student Body Executive Vice President
- To generally supervise all operations of student publications: The Daily Eastern News, Warbler, Minority Today and Vehicle.
- To approve by a majority vote the editors-in-chief of all student publications after nomination by the director of student publications.
- To approve all budget requests and budget line item changes in all student publications after submission by the director of student publications and submit to the Provost and Apportionment Board for approval.
- To create a forum for considering complaints and grievances concerning all student publications and take action when necessary.
- To create procedures under these bylaws for accomplishing these duties.