- Internal Controls
- Internal Auditing
- EIU Confidentiality Notice
- Resource Links
- EIU Policies and Procedures
Approved: July 12, 2012
Monitor: Vice President for Academic Affairs
The evaluation of the student's record made by the Certifying Dean shall take precedence over any information provided by the student's adviser.
Student files concerning certification for graduation shall be retained for a period of five years after graduation or the date of last attendance.
For purposes of this policy, written statements and notices may be delivered by e-mail.
Names of students who have completed application for graduation and who have demonstrated a reasonable chance of completing graduation requirements will be placed on the college graduation list submitted by each Certifying Dean to the Office of the Registrar.
Names may be added to the college graduation list if information supporting the action is received in sufficient time to do so.
Students whose names appear on a given semester's official graduation list may participate in that semester's commencement ceremony or a subsequent ceremony of their choice. Requests for exceptions may be granted according to the following guidelines:
- Students able to complete all of their degree requirements by the end of the Summer Term may be granted permission to participate in the preceding Spring commencement ceremony.
- Students with only student teaching, internship, or practicum to be completed may be granted permission to participate in the commencement ceremony preceding their final term.
- Those who qualify for participation in an earlier commencement ceremony must complete a request form prior to the deadline specific to the semester in which the earlier ceremony will take place.
Regardless of participation in a commencement ceremony, no student will be certified for graduation and awarded a degree and diploma until the appropriate Certifying Dean has provided the Office of the Registrar with official verification of the completion of all degree requirements.
Upon receipt of a student's application for graduation, the Certifying Dean, or designee (hereafter referred to as Dean only), shall:
For students who are seeking graduation for the current term, the Dean shall:
The Registrar shall be responsible for the following: