#149 - Alcoholic Beverages, Payments from University Accounts
Approved: July 16, 1997
Nomenclature changes: December 13, 2001
Monitor: Vice President for Student Affairs
Payment for alcoholic beverages shall be made only from non-appropriated funds. No expenditure for alcoholic beverages shall be made from appropriated funds.
No expenditure for alcoholic beverages shall be made from University non-appropriated funds unless written authorization to bill an individual account is provided by the Vice President for Student Affairs following consultation with the appropriate vice president for accounts in other vice presidential areas.
Public Service Accounts
With appropriate prior approval, non-appropriated public service accounts established through the School of Continuing Education and the Office of Camps and Conference Housing may purchase alcoholic beverages in accordance with the following provisions:
- Requests for permission to expend public service account funds for the purchase of alcoholic beverages must be reviewed by the Vice President for Student Affairs at least two weeks in advance of the event.
- Criteria for such requests include the following:
a. the appropriateness of the expenditure to the purpose of the account,
b. the appropriateness of the expenditure in nature and scope as serving the best interests of the University, and
c. an evaluation of the proposed cost of the purchase in terms of the anticipated benefits of the program.
- If the request is approved, the approval form must be filed with the University Union and accompany the billing for the beverage service.
Other University Accounts
- Requests from other University organizations to use non-appropriated funds for the expenditure of alcoholic beverages must be submitted to the Vice President for Student Affairs at least two weeks prior to the event.
- The same criteria listed above for public service accounts will be used in determining the appropriateness of the request.
- If the request is approved, the approval form must be filed with the University Union and accompany the billing for the service.
- All requests for the payment of expenditures for alcoholic beverages must include a copy of the prior approval form.
- A separate billing must be provided for alcoholic beverages. No other charges should be listed on the statement.