Lumpkin College of Business
and Applied Sciences
- Creating a positive climate for economic and business development is vital to the long-range growth of our region. To that end, LCBAS is providing an important service through our Business Solutions Center. We provide new and existing businesses with the support they need to grow!
- Among our outreach efforts is the Child Care Resource and Referral Agency (CCRR), a program contracted with the Illinois DHR and housed within the EIU School of Family and Consumer Sciences. CCRR provides child care referral services to a six-county area of east-central Illinois.
- Integrative Learning that’s Filling! EIU is committed to expanding the traditional classroom experience. As part of this effort, students are operating a daily cafe' service. Click here to read more about this exciting student learning opportunity.
- Helen Marcotte has lived a life for which anyone in the fashion industry would be envious, especially those who dream of living in New York and working in a dress shop that has made stars of their co-workers….as in the hit reality television show, “Say Yes to the Dress”. Read more...
- How far from home would you travel in pursuit of your educational goals? Would nearly two days of travel and a 16 hour flight from Asia to America sound about right?. It did to Sunil Thapa, first graduate student admitted to MS in Sustainable Energy Program. Read more...
- Robert DeBolt (center), Class of 1962, attends a room naming ceremony in his honor. Mr. DeBolt is a generous supporter of the School of Technology. Learn how you can make a difference in the life of an Eastern student…. Click here...
- School of Business students can see the world through participation in study abroad and faculty led travel opportunities. See which countries our students have traveled to recently…Click here...
- Intimidated by the process of budgeting, barrowing and establishing good credit? You’re not alone. The LIFE Center is helping students as they navigate the world of personal finance. Read more...
Message from the Dean
The Lumpkin College of Business and Applied Sciences (LCBAS) is a dynamic and diverse academic college. We are dedicated to the betterment of our students through a combination of both classroom learning and “integrative learning,” a process which encourages our students to avail themselves of every available outlet for their creative and educational growth. Integrative learning is an important and unique process which focuses on our students, connecting them to “real-world” opportunities and “hands-on” learning that is imperative to their future careers.
Whether by way of our Securities Analysis Center, the Child Development Lab, Commercial Kitchen, our Technology Labs or encouraging students to take part in Study Abroad, Independent Study and Internship Programs, your friends in LCBAS are providing students the necessary tools to fully integrate their classroom learning with vital, career supporting activities outside of the traditional classroom setting. If you’re an alumnus, take pride in the degree you have earned and take heart in the generation of future Eastern alumni that are following in your footsteps. Remember, every Eastern graduate benefits from the success of fellow alumni, because each successful alumnus offers a compelling reason to employers and hiring agents that Eastern is the place to “kick-start” a successful career.
To current and prospective students, be sure to investigate every possibility to forward your educational goals. Enroll in challenging courses and pursue internships, independent studies and studies overseas. Challenge yourself, that’s what a college degree should drive you to do….to be your best!
As always, feel free to contact myself or any member of the faculty or staff of the College….we are ready to help with any assistance.
Mahyar Izadi, Dean
The mission of the Lumpkin College of Business and Applied Sciences is to create an academic environment based on intellectual inquiry that facilitates for stakeholders the development of personal, professional, and technical characteristics that have economic and social value.