Welcome to the stimulating and rewarding profession of speech-language pathology and the Department of Communication Disorders and Sciences at Eastern Illinois University.
CDS offers current, challenging and applied curriculum in its academic and clinical requirements. It is a program of study for speech-language pathology or audiology within the College of Sciences.
What differentiates our CDS department from others in the country?
- Faculty are available, friendly and helpful in facilitating students' career goals.
- Faculty members are actively engaged in practicing their profession through teaching, supervision, service on professional committees, attendance at conferences, and mentoring research.
- Students begin participating in clinical experiences during their undergraduate program.
- Students are successful at securing scholarships, awards, and acceptance for professional presentations.
- Students successfully pass national (98 percent) and state (100 percent) certification exams for professional practice, resulting in a 100 percent employment rate.
- Students and faculty enjoy what they are doing!
Graduate Application Deadline:
Deadline to submit material to CSDCAS: January 1, 2014
Review Begins: February 1, 2014
(Note: Recommended to have material to CSDCAS by December 15, 2013)
Prospective Graduate Student Visit Days
Friday, August 23, 2013, 10:00-12:00
Friday, October 18, 2013, 12:00-2:00
Friday, November 22, 2013, 10:00-12:00
Eastern Illinois University
Human Services Center- 2nd Floor
Visit our facility, hear about our program, meet professors and other prospective students!
Download Visit Day Flyer
RSVP to Dr. Throneburg, firstname.lastname@example.org