The Simple Steps to Becoming EIU
We admit students in the MBA program for Fall, Spring, and Summer terms on a “rolling admission” basis. For students from the U.S., admission to a semester can typically take place up to three weeks prior to the start of classes (August 1, December 15, and May 1); for international students, the lead time is longer given visa and other documents that are required through our Office of International Students and Scholars, leading to their deadlines of May 15 for Fall admission, and October 15 for Spring admission.
Files are not considered for admission until all materials have been received. Application files are considered on a bi-weekly basis individually against the program’s admission criteria. GMAT and GRE official results usually take 7 – 10 business days to be received in our office, so please plan your testing date accordingly and preferably submit all other materials prior to your test.
Important: Please note that you must apply to the graduate school at EIU AND send multiple application materials to the MBA office. The specifics of those application materials can be found in the drop boxes below.
Your MyEIU account is free and easy; all it takes is an email address to get started. You can even sign up via Facebook! Once you've logged into MyEIU, you can learn everything there is to know about Eastern and get information about everything the university has to offer — all tailored to your unique set of interests!
Applicants for admission to the Graduate School must:
- Satisfy all university general admission requirements,
- Hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, and
- Submit a complete and official transcript from each institution attended.
Learn more about the Graduate School admissions process.
Applicants to the MBA Program must send all materials for application to:
or fax 217-581-6642
or mail to:
School of Business ATTN: MBA
600 Lincoln Ave.
Charleston, IL 61920
- Submit an online MBA Program Application
- Schedule or submit official GMAT or GRE scores, taken within the past five years
- Minimum GMAT score is 400-Verbal 18, Quantitative 23, Analytical Writing 3.5, Integrative Reasoning 3.
- Click here for information on the GMAT Fee Waiver program which allows EIU to offer a limited number of vouchers to eligible students each year.
- Minimum combined Verbal and Quantitative GRE score total = 292; Verbal 140, Quantitative 146, Analytical Writing 3.5
- GRE equivalent to GMAT calculated using this calculator. A powerpoint about the GRE Exam and registration process is available by clicking HERE.
- Score at least 1,000 points based on the following formula: (200 x GPA) + GMAT (or GMAT equivalent) total score
- Submit completed and signed Honor Code
- Submit current resume clearly describing employment experience.
- Submit two completed Recommendation Forms sent directly to the MBA Office (preferably one should be from a previous or current employer)
- Submit a one page professional goal statement, with your name clearly identified, describing personal career and academic goals and the preparation required to meet those goals
Application deadlines for domestic students:
Fall: August 1
Spring: January 1
Summer: May 1
To be considered for a School of Business graduate assistantship, you must be fully admitted to the MBA program. In addition to the graduate school graduate assistantship application, you must submit a letter of application outlining your skills and abilities to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate Assistantship application materials deadline: March 6, 2015.
Now you're ready for your first semester at Eastern! Welcome to the EIU family! We're glad to have you, and we're confident you'll be glad you came!