The Simple Steps to Becoming EIU
Students may begin the program in either the Fall or Spring semester. The department accepts applications to the graduate program throughout the year.
We begin considering applications for each Fall semester on January 14. Applications will not be considered until they are complete. Applications completed on, or before, January 14 will be considered in the initial group of admission decisions and applicants are encouraged to submit application materials before this date.
We also admit graduate students for the Spring semester. We begin considering applications for each Spring semester on September 30 of the previous calendar year. Applications will not be considered until they are complete. Applications completed on, or before, September 30, will be considered in the initial group of admission decisions and applicants are encouraged to submit application materials before this date.
Students awarded teaching assistantships usually begin in the Fall semester and complete the department's new teacher orientation program before the semester begins and the department’s new teacher training program during their first semester. It is rare for the department to have the ability to offer assistantships beginning in the spring semester. However, if assistantships are available beginning in the spring, applicants will be considered. Please contact the graduate coordinator to inquire about the availability of spring assistantship opportunities.
Important: Please note that you must apply to the graduate school at EIU AND send an application packet to the MBA office. The specifics of those application materials can be found in the drop boxes below.
Your MyEIU account is free and easy; all it takes is an email address to get started. You can even sign up via Facebook! Once you've logged into MyEIU, you can learn everything there is to know about Eastern and get information about everything the university has to offer — all tailored to your unique set of interests!
Applicants for admission to the Graduate School must:
- Satisfy all university general admission requirements,
- Hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, and
- Submit a complete and official transcript from each institution attended.
Learn more about the Graduate School admissions process.
Applicants to the MBA Program must send all materials for application to:
or fax 217-581-6642
or mail to:
School of Business ATTN: MBA
600 Lincoln, Ave.
Charleston, IL 61920
- Submit an online MBA Program Application
- Schedule or submit official GMAT or GRE scores, taken within the past five years
- Minimum GMAT score is 400-Verbal 18, Quantitative 23, Analytical Writing 3.5, Integrative Reasoning 3.
- Click here for information on the GMAT Fee Waiver program which allows EIU to offer a limited number of vouchers to eligible students each year.
- Minimum combined Verbal and Quantitative GRE score total = 292; Verbal 140, Quantitatve 143, Analytical Writing 3.5
- GRE equivalent to GMAT calculated using this calculator. A powerpoint about the GRE Exam and registration process is available by clicking HERE.
- Score at least 1,000 points based on the following formula: (200 x GPA) + GMAT (or GMAT equivalent) total score
- Submit completed and signed Honor Code
- Submit current resume clearly describing employment experience.
- Submit two completed Recommendation Forms sent directly to the MBA Office (preferably one should be from a previous or current employer)
- Submit a one page professional goal statement, with your name clearly identified, describing personal career and academic goals and the preparation required to meet those goals
Application deadlines for domestic students:
Fall: August 1
Spring: January 1
Summer: May 1
To be considered for a School of Business graduate assistantship, you must be fully admitted to the MBA program. In addition to the graduate school graduate assistantship application, you must submit a letter of application outlining your skills and abilities to email@example.com.
Graduate Assistantship application materials deadline: March 6, 2015.
Now you're ready for your first semester at Eastern! Welcome to the EIU family! We're glad to have you, and we're confident you'll be glad you came!