EIU Scholarship Search
Eastern Illinois University currently has 563 scholarships in their database to assist both undergraduate and graduate students in achieving their educational goals. To search for available scholarships, please visit EIU's Scholarship Webpage by clicking here.
Scholarship Application (click here)
Scholarships are awarded by department faculty during the spring semester of each year. The department has five (5) scholarships available to students who are enrolled in the Educational Administration Program. Each available scholarship has different eligibility criteria.
Students who would like to apply for any of the available scholarships must do so by completing an application and attach documentation (e.g., letter written by applicant, resume, letters of recommendation, transcripts, etc) as to how you meet the criteria for the scholarship award. Students may apply for more than one scholarship, selected recipients will only receive one award.
Scholarship Applications are due in our office by Friday, March 1, 2016 to be considered for an award. Please send supporting documentation to the department by mail, fax or email.
Department of Educational Leadership
Eastern Illinois University
2320 Buzzard Hall
600 Lincoln Avenue
Charleston, IL 61920
Fax number: 217-581-6673
E-mail documentation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to complete the Scholarship Application Form.
Available Scholarships & Criteria
John and Joyce Dively Educational Leadership Scholarship - is in honor of John A. Dively, Sr. and Joyce E. Reynolds Dively, parents of John A. Dively, Jr., Joseph R. Dively, Lauralynn Dively Arney, and Amy E. Dively. This scholarship is to be awarded annually to an Eastern Illinois University student as described in the criteria below. The John and Joyce Dively Educational Leadership Scholarship is awarded to a graduate student enrolled in the Department of Educational Leadership/Administration discipline at Eastern Illinois University at the time of selection or a candidate who has successfully completed the degree between January 1 and December 31 of the prior year. The recipient will be selected based on their potential for future leadership contributions to the public schools and the students they serve. Payment will first be applied against costs (tuition, fees, housing, etc.) associated with the recipient attending Eastern Illinois University, any remaining amount will be dispersed to the recipient.
1. The recipient shall be a part time (6-8 semester hours) or full-time graduate student, majoring in
Education Administration, and accepted into Eastern Illinois University unless the recipient completed
the degree between January 1 and December 31 of the prior year.
2. Applicants must submit a resume and a letter of application stating his/her qualifications.
3. The recipient must be in good academic standing at the time the award is paid.
4. The recipient is not eligible to receive the award again.
5. The following factors may be considered when selecting the recipient(s) for the award (provided in no
particular order of importance):
* Financial need
* Personal hardship
* Family considerations (e.g., single parent, several children, special needs, etc.)
* Military service
* Community service
* Coles County resident
* Other unique or compelling factors that would make the candidate a worthy recipient
The Rohn Family Scholarship in Education Administration - is in honor of Dr. Charles Rohn, Dean Emeritus of Eastern Illinois University’s College of Education and Professional Studies. This scholarship of $1,000 is to be awarded annually to an Eastern Illinois University student as described in the criteria below. The Rohn Family Scholarship in Education Administration is awarded to a graduate student enrolled in the Educational Administration discipline at Eastern Illinois University and attending classes through the cohort program to obtain their Administrative Certification. The student recipient must be working full-time as a teacher or administrator in a small school system in rural Illinois. The recipient will be selected based on need and the award shall be issued each Fall Semester.
1. The recipient shall be a part-time (6-8 semester hours) graduate student, majoring in Education
Administration, and accepted into Eastern Illinois University.
2. The student must be in good academic standing at the time the award is paid.
3. The recipient shall be employed full-time as a teacher or administrator in a small school system within
the State of Illinois.
4. Preference shall be given to students who plan to continue a career in school administration.
5. Financial need is a consideration. Preference shall be given to the student who demonstrates the
greatest financial need in the case of a tie-breaker.
6. The recipient shall be selected in the Spring Semester and the award received in the Fall Semester
Hans C. Olsen Scholarship (multiple awards, $100 - $500) - Criteria for the Scholarship are as follows:
1. The scholarship recipient shall be a full time (9+ semester hours) graduate student with an
outstanding potential for education leadership.
2. Preference will be given to the following:
* One who plans to become a School Administrator
* A student with at least five (5) years of experience as a School Administrator, Supervisor, or
* Preference will NOT be given to one who holds a teaching assistantship or other substantial
* The recipient must be an Eastern student at the time that the check is issued.
Warner Educational Administration Scholarship (multiple awards, $500 - $2000) - Criteria for the Scholarship are as follows:
1. The award recipient shall be a student majoring in Educational Administration
2. The recipient must show outstanding scholastic achievement, with a minimum of a "B" average.
3. The recipient shall be a person of outstanding character whose actions and conduct reflect with credit
4. Financial need IS a consideration, but only after the number of recipients is reduced to three (3)
5. Award is ONLY issued in the Fall and/or Spring.
6. The recipient must be an Eastern student at the time that the check is issued.
CEPS Telefund Scholarship (multiple awards, $100 - $500) - Awarded to a student admitted into the Educational Administration program who has demonstrated scholastic achievement, outstanding character and outstanding potential in educational leadership.