Simple Steps to Becoming EIU
The Higher Education and Community College Online Program is highly devoted to enrolling a graduate student population of individuals who are diverse in regards to culture, ability, and experience. Admission to the Higher Education and Community College Online Program is very competitive.
Any student who holds a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, who wishes to be admitted to the HECC Online Program must be currently employed at a college/university (preferred) OR have access to college/university campus for internship and assignment purposes and complete the following:
ROLLING ADMISSIONS – Original Cohort began Fall 2019 (see course schedule at https://www.eiu.edu/hecc/courses.php)
Apply to the Graduate School
All students can apply to the graduate school through MyEIU. The graduate school requires:
- A complete online application
- A copy of your official transcripts
- A $30 application fee
Learn more about the Graduate School admissions process.
Apply to the Program
Program Admission Requirements
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Create a MyEIU account. This is where you will complete your Graduate School Application and your Higher Education and Community College Online Program Department Application.
- Two departmental recommendations from individuals outside of the department familiar with applicant’s academic or work performance. (The department prefers academic references if possible). References will receive an electronic form once an email address is submitted by the applicant through MyEIU.
- A GPA of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale at time of application.
Once you are admitted to the Graduate School, submit an application to the Higher Education and Community College Online Program Department. The department application is also found on MyEIU.