The EIU Alumni Association builds lifelong relationships between alumni and their alma mater. The organization has traditionally pursued a number of broad objectives, including:
- Sponsoring special events for alumni.
- Assisting with homecoming and reunions.
- Facilitating communication between alumni and the university.
- Assistance in maintaining alumni records.
- Helping with fundraising and other initiatives which contribute to the welfare of the university.
EIUAA also recognizes alumni accomplishments through its Distinguished Alumni Awards program.
2016 Alumni Award Nominations
The Alumni Association is seeking nominations for the 2016 alumni awards. The four categories are listed below; a description of each category as well as the names of past recipients can be found here.
- Distinguished Alumna/us Award
- Louis V. Hencken Alumni Service Award
- Outstanding Young Alumna/us
- Distinguished Educator Award
Submissions should include the nomination form (print or online), a cover letter from the nominator, and any supporting materials which would assist the committee in its review. The committee, which consists of members of the EIU Alumni Association board of directors, will make recommendations to the full board during its July 30 meeting. Nominators will be notified after the recipients have been contacted.
Nominations should be sent to: Steve Rich, EIU Alumni Association, 600 Lincoln Ave., Charleston, IL 61920 – or email@example.com – by Monday June 13, 2016. Alumni, faculty, staff and friends of EIU are welcome to submit alumni award nominations.
First Time Visiting the Site?
These commonly used links will get you started:
Find us on Facebook