The EIU Alumni Association builds lifelong relationships between alumni and their alma mater. The organization has traditionally pursued a number of broad objectives, including:
- Sponsoring special events for alumni.
- Assisting with homecoming and reunions.
- Facilitating communcation between alumni and the university.
- Assistance in maintaining alumni records.
- Helping with fundraising and other initiatives which contribute to the welfare of the university.
EIUAA also recognizes alumni accomplishments through its Distinguished Alumni Awards program.
Alumni Award Recipients Announced
The EIU Alumni Association is proud to announce the recipients of the 2013 Alumni Awards. They are:
- Distinguished Alumni Award
- Barbara Baurer '75, '76
- Harry Frost '60
- Jonathan Gosse '74
- Dennis Muchmore '68
- Robert Sinkler '83
- Louis V. Hencken Alumni Service Award
- R. Scott Smith '88, '93
- Outstanding Young Alumni Award
- David Cesar '08
- Distinguished Educator Award
- Corey Duzan '03
Recipients will be recognized during the 2013 Homecoming festivities, including a dinner held in their honor on Saturday, Oct. 19. For additional information, including a description of the awards and a list of past recipients, click here or contact the Alumni Association at 800-258-6348.
First Time Visiting the Site?
These commonly used links will get you started: