The EIU Alumni Association builds lifelong relationships between alumni and their alma mater. The organization has traditionally pursued a number of broad objectives, including:
- Sponsoring special events for alumni.
- Assisting with homecoming and reunions.
- Facilitating communication between alumni and the university.
- Assistance in maintaining alumni records.
- Helping with fundraising and other initiatives which contribute to the welfare of the university.
EIUAA also recognizes alumni accomplishments through its Distinguished Alumni Awards program.
Distinguished Senior Award Nominations Due March 26
The most distinguished seniors at EIU are individuals who have enriched the university community with their active involvement in all facets of campus life. The Distinguished Senior Awards recognizes those who have demonstrated outstanding character and leadership through academic achievement, campus and community involvement, and/or extra-curricular honors or awards.
Nominations and applications for the 2015 Distinguished Senior Awards are now being accepted. The deadline is Thursday, March 26, 2015. Recipients will be recognized during a luncheon on Saturday, April 25.
Get Your Grad Packs!
As students, you are on campus for a short time. As alumni, you are Panthers for life. The EIU Alumni Association is a community of thousands of graduates who love EIU and know what a difference it makes.
Join the Alumni Association today for only $15 and receive a special Grad Pack. Get all the perks of an Alumni Association membership, plus a reusable EIU sport backpack, official EIU alumni license plate frame and plenty of discount coupons just for our new grads (a $25 dollar value).
2014 Alumni Award Recipients
The EIU Alumni Association is proud to announce the recipients of the 2014 Alumni Awards. They were recognized on Homecoming weekend at the annual alumni awards dinner. You can also read more about these extraordinary alumni!
Spring 2015 Commencement: Saturday, May 9
- 9 a.m. - College of Sciences and The Graduate School
- 12 p.m. - College of Arts and Humanities and The Graduate School
- School of Continuing Education (BA in General Studies)
- 3 p.m. - College of Education and Professional Studies and The Graduate School
- 6 p.m. - Lumpkin College of Business and Applied Sciences and The Graduate School
Visit EIU's Commencement website for all the information you need to know about graduation!
First Time Visiting the Site?
These commonly used links will get you started: