Graduate Certificate Programs
To help business and industry sustain economic growth, the School of Technology offers the following graduate certificate programs to meet focused needs of students and working professionals in industry, business, education and government agencies.
- Computer Technology (18 hours) - The Computer Technology graduate certificate program is designed to provide graduate students and professionals working in various organizations with course work focused on current state-of-the-art computer technology. Key areas include Data Communications and Networking Technology, Database Technology, Multimedia and Web Technology, Management of Computer Technology and Applications of Computer Technology.
- Quality Systems (18 hours) - This Quality System graduate certificate program is designed to provide graduate students and professionals working in industry and business with focused course work leading to improvement in the quality of products and services to help companies become more competitive in the global market.
- Technology Security (18 hours) - The graduate certificate program in Technology Security is designed to provide graduate students and professionals working in industry and business with focused course work on technology security including facility security, network and database security, as well as management policies on security of technological systems. The program will help prepare the workforce in Illinois to be knowledgeable and competitive in the security profession and the security market.
- Training and Development (18 hours) - The graduate certificate program in Training and Development is designed to prepare professionals who can function as effective trainers in private or public agencies and organizations. Graduates of the certificate will be able to analyze, design, lead, and evaluate learning and performance improvement efforts that contribute to organizational achievement. This certificate aims to employ hands on experiences that allow students to identify and solve organizational problems related to the effective use of human resources.
- Work Performance Improvement (18 hours) - The graduate certificate program in Work Performance Improvement is designed to meet the needs of graduate students as well as training and development practitioners to have their educational preparation in the field of human performance improvement officially endorsed. This certificate will demonstrate that recipients possess the knowledge and skills needed for performance consulting and training.
All graduate courses are taught by highly qualified and student focused faculty. Courses are delivered on evenings or weekends throughout the year. Many of these course are offered through on-campus or off-campus sites (F2F) or via the Internet (online).
For more information, please contact Dr. David W.Melton, Graduate Program Coordinator , School of Technology, Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, IL 61920, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.