Thank You Letter Guidelines
Upon being selected as a scholarship recipient, it is customary to write and send thank you letters to donors who have established scholarships at Eastern Illinois University. In order to maintain the connection between donors and recipients, it is important that the thank you letter be written in a timely fashion. Your sentiment does not have to be long, but donors would like to know that the scholarship they established has been awarded in addition to knowing something about the person who has received their scholarship.
This sample can assist you in writing your own thank you letter. This is only to be used as a guide. The important thing is to write in your own voice and to be sincere. Include the following information about yourself in the letter:
- Goals (present and future)
- Academic life (major, department, GPA, etc.)
- Extra-curricular activities
- Community service
- How the scholarship will assist you in pursuing your studies at EIU
- Any additional information that you wish to share with the donor
Thank you information will be submitted online through the scholarship application system.