Highlighted Scholarships for Internat'l Students
International Student Scholarship
The International Student Scholarship was established by the Board of Trustees to assist students from other countries to attend EIU. Awards are competitive and designed to promote cultural exchange and diversity. Awards may be granted on the basis of one or both of the following factors: financial need and academic excellence. The scholarship pays partial tuition for the minimum full-time enrollment in EIU courses. Fees, field trips, continuing education delivery charges, travel, living expenses, and other personal expenses are not covered.
Criteria to be eligible for the scholarship are as follows:
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (undergraduate), 3.0 (graduate), as converted to the EIU grading scale.
- Full academic admission to a degree program
- Proof of funding for living expenses and fees (see financial affidavit form).
Deadlines for scholarship applications are as follows:
- March 1 for Fall semester scholarships
- October 1 for Spring semester scholarships
The award amount for selected undergraduate students is $3,000 per semester and for graduate students, $4,000 per semester. For more information about this scholarship opportunity, please see this website.
Undergraduate International Excellence Award
Undergraduate students with an incoming GPA of 3.50 - 4.00 receive a special scholarship rate. Students do not need to maintain 3.5 or higher GPA to retain special rate. No scholarship application is needed.
All international students must prove a minimum amount of money to study at EIU for one academic year. The approximate costs for the 2016-2017 academic year of study (August to May) are as follows:
(with International Student Scholarship and Excellence Award)
(with Excellence Award)
(with International Student Scholarship)
(with regular out-of-state rate)
|Textbook Rental and Campus Improvement Fee||$588||$588||$588||$588|
|Total Cost in USD(per year):||$14,475*||$20,475*||$16,203*||$22,203*|
- Undergraduate tuition based on 12 credit hours per semester
- Includes University Health Insurance
- Living expenses estimated for single student only. You should allow $5,000.00 per year for your spouse and $3,500.00 per year for each child to pay for their food, housing, medical care, and other miscellaneous expenses.
For more information about this opportunity, please see http://www.eiu.edu/interntl/uiea.php.
Eastern Illinois University offers over 600 scholarship opportunities to new and continuing students. International students are eligible to apply for all scholarship with exception to those that require U.S. citizenship, state of Illinois residency, merit scholarships such as the Commitment to Excellence and Transfer Academic Excellence Scholarship, and the Panther Promise Tuition Waiver.