Frequently Asked Questions
I am having trouble logging in. It says my password is invalid.
Make sure you are typing in your password correctly and paying attention to capital letters, as the passwords are case sensitive. Remember that your login and password information is the same as your login and password for the PAWS system, where you register for classes and see your grades. If you are unable to log in, please contact the Help Desk at (217) 581-HELP.
I logged into WebCT and I can't find my class. Why isn't it showing up?
There are three possible reasons your course may not be showing up for you:
- First of all, if you just added the course recently, it can take up to 24 hours for you to be added to the roster on WebCT.
- Second, your instructor may not be using WebCT for this course.
- Third, the instructor has yet to activate the course.
I am having trouble printing my course materials.
1. For those of you using Internet Explorer, the browser may be blocking your file download. Go to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level.
- About halfway down the list you will see a section called Downloads.
- The first two options under that should be enabled for the browser to work properly, then click OK.
- Now as you click on files a window should pop-up that asks you whether you want to open or save the document.
How do I print documents from my course?
- The Course Syllabus has a link in the right-hand corner called Printable Version. Just click on that and the syllabus will open up in a new window, and then click File > Print.
What firewall ports need to be open for WebCT?