Audition Procedure Due to Covid-19
Due to Covid-19, auditions will take place one of two ways:
- Video submission, followed up with a Zoom meeting including an interview, sightreading, and scales.
- This option is recommended for vocalists.
- Complete a live audition through Zoom on one of our scheduled audition days or on an alternate date.
If you choose to submit a video audition, please follow these steps
- Sign up for a video audition using the online form – select video audition from the drop-down menu.
- Prepare your video and upload to a private YouTube or Vimeo channel so that only those with the link may view the video.
- Submit your video link for review using this online form.
- After faculty review your audition link, they will contact you to set up your Zoom interview.
Video Submission Guidelines:
- All materials must be filmed without editing.
- Place the recording camera or phone on a tripod or a stand to minimize jitter.
- Include you and your instrument in the video frame.
- Introduce yourself at the beginning of each recording and describe what you will perform.
- Place the lighting source behind the camera.
- Prior to submission, review all recordings so that your video and audio are the quality you want.
If you wish to complete an audition via Zoom, please follow these guidelines:
- Sign up for an audition using the online form and select the date that you wish to schedule your Zoom audition.
- Check your internet speed and conduct a Zoom Test Meeting:
- On the day of your audition you must have access to the following:
- A private room.
- A computer with an internet connection and audio/video capability.
- Your instrument (for instrumental auditions)
- Accompanist for singers.