Interim Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs – Deadline to Apply March 27, 2023
Interim Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs – Deadline March 27, 2023
Nominations and applications to serve as the Interim Provost are welcomed for the 2023-2024 Academic Year or until a permanent appointment is made as a result of a national search. The Provost will oversee a complex and diverse academic portfolio that includes four academic colleges (Liberal Arts & Sciences, Health & Human Services, Business & Technology, and Education), the Pine Honors College, the Graduate School, Booth Library, Enrollment Management, Admissions, Marketing/Communications, Financial Aid, Registrar, the Academic Success Center, Inclusion & Academic Engagement, Faculty Development & Innovation, and WEIU (television & radio).
- At-least five (5) years of administrative experience including the current academic year
- An authentic commitment to student success, engaged learning, and both undergraduate and graduate education combined with a commitment to EIU’s HLC Quality Initiative to diversify the campus community to enhance student outcomes
- Leadership experiences that demonstrate the importance of advancing inclusive excellence and diversity
- Direct experience with budgeting across all of the recognized University ledgers
- The capacity to engage in strategic leadership as well as ensure day-to-day operations are efficient and effective
- A transparent leadership approach that is accompanied by a deep understanding of shared governance, as well as direct experience participating in shared governance as a faculty member or leader
- An understanding of strategic planning and willingness to serve as the administrative lead in AY23/24
- A thorough knowledge of the EIU-UPI agreement and track of record of successful academic leadership in a negotiated environment
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders across the University on curricular and policy initiatives
Application & Nomination Process
Individuals may contact the screening chair, VPSA Anne Flaherty with questions firstname.lastname@example.org. The required application materials include a letter of application, current CV, and three professional references through Interfolio at https://apply.interfolio.com/122314. The deadline for application is Monday March 27, 2023. Campus forums with candidates will be scheduled in April.