Panther Marching Band Festival
Saturday, September 25, 2021 from 12:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
O’Brien Stadium, Eastern Illinois University
The Eastern Illinois University Panther Marching Band invites YOU to join us for the 44th Annual Panther Marching Band Festival set for Saturday, September 25, 2021 in O’Brien Stadium on the campus of Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, Illinois.
The official start time is 12:30 pm. Bands will perform in the order of classification with awards for Class 1A, 2A, and 3A following the 3A bands. Awards for 4A, 5A and 6A will follow the 6A bands. Performance order within each class will be decided by the date the registration fee is received at EIU. (Exceptions have been made on occasion in order to provide the most participation possible.)
Scoring for the Panther Marching Band Festival is 60% music, 40% visual. The music score will be comprised of 20% of each music performance and effect caption. The visual score will be 10% of each performance caption and 20% from effect.
Awards will be presented in each competitive class for Participation, Best Music, Best Visual, Best General Effect, Best Percussion, Best Auxiliary, Best Drum Major, and the Top 3 Places. Grand Champion trophies and Outstanding Soloist Awards will be presented for Small Class (1A, 2A, and 3A combined) and Large Class (4A and 5A combined) divisions.
2021 Directors Information Packet
2021 PMB Schedule
Program Information Form
- Marvin Battle, former Director of Bands for Edwardsville School District
- John Timmins, Crone Middle School in Naperville, IL
Music General Effect:
- Mark Ponzo, Professor Emeritus from Norther Illinois University
- Jeff Fiedler, Chief Executive Officer for the Santa Clara Vanguard of Snata Clara, CA
Visual General Effect:
- Keith Baker, former director of hte Edwardsville Winder Guard
- Molly Elvery, Band Director at Manteno Middle School in Manteno, IL
- Chris DeBerry, Band Director in the Metro-Nashville Public School District
- Brook Wallace, consultant for numerous high school, college, and independent color guards
Panther Marching Band Festival Adjudication Forms
The registration fee for the 44th Panther Marching Band Festival is $300. Online registration will open on March 1, 2021. Follow the link below.
2021 Panther Marching Band Registration Form
Registration deadline is August 30, 2021.
Checks for the $300 Registration Fee should be made out EIU and sent to:
Panther Marching Band Festival
Eastern Illinois University
600 Lincoln Ave.
Charleston, IL 61920
- Alton High School Marching 100 - Alton, IL
- Argo Community High School Marching Argonauts - Summit, IL
- Blue Ridge High School Marching Knights - Farmer City, IL
- Casey-Westfield High School Marching Warriors, Casey, IL
- Champaign Central High School Marching Maroons - Champaign, IL
- Charleston High School Marching Trojans - Charleston, IL
- Effingham High School Red Regiment- Effingham, IL
- Granite City High School Marching Warriors - Granite City, IL
- Highland High School Marching Bulldogs - Highland, IL
- Hoopston Area High School Marching Cornjerkers - Hoopston, IL
- Lincoln Community High School Marching Railers - Lincoln, IL
- Mascoutah High School Marching Indians - Mascoutah, IL
- Murphysboro High School Chrimson Express - Murphysboro, IL
- Newton Community High School Marching Eagles - Newton, IL
- Oblong High School Marching Panthers - Oblong, IL
- Paris High School Beacon Brigade - Paris, IL
- Paxton-Buckley-Loda High School Panther Regiment - Paxton, IL
- Rantoul Township High School Marching Eagles - Rantoul, IL
- Richland County High School Marching Tigers - Olney, IL
- Ridgeview High School Marching Mustangs - Colfax, IL
- Robinson High School Marching Maroons - Robinson, IL
- Triad High School Marching Knights - Troy, IL
- Unity High School Marching Rockets - Tolono, IL
- Watseka Community High School Marching Warriors - Watseka, IL
Spectator Tickets and Parking
- $10 for adults
- $5 for students/senior citizens
- Children ages 5 and under are FREE
- Tickets available on the day of the event. Cash or check accepted.
Complimentary Festival Programs are available here: 2021 PMB Festival Program
- Parking for the festival is FREE. Spectators can park in the stadium lot to the west of the stadium or the J lot to the north.
We hope you will join us for the exciting and spectacular pageantry of Illinois high school marching bands at O’Brien Stadium!
Why the Panther Marching Band Festival?
A well-maintained turf field.
Well organized festival with a welcoming and helpful staff.
Energetic environment that focuses on student success.
Judges from DCI, BOA, WGI, and the best marching directors in the nation.
High camera video of all band performances provided by EIU visual media free of charge.
- Panther Marching Band performances!
If you have any further questions, please contact Prof. David Boggs, Assistant Director of Bands and Director of Athletic Bands at firstname.lastname@example.org.