Our online program offers an MA in Political Science with an Option in Public Administration and Public Policy. We provide a flexible program for students seeking employment in government agencies, nonprofits, city and urban planning, economic development policy, public policy research, private sector government relations, protective services/law enforcement administration, and education.
Why Consider the Online M.A. in Political Science with the Public Administration and Public Policy Option at EIU?
- We have small class sizes with close faculty interaction. We will work with you to achieve your professional goals. Full time faculty teach all our classes--we are here for you.
- You will be in classes with students from all across the United States (and sometimes the world), representing diverse races, ethnicities, and religions. There's so much to learn just from your own classmates!
- All students complete a research methods course, and a research project through a capstone project, demonstrating the skills you've developed in your degree program.
- Full time students can finish their M.A. in 2 semesters and 1 summer (even faster for qualified undergraduates enrolled in the accelerated graduate program). Or if you prefer, you can take up to 6 years to complete your degree on a part-time basis.
- Our faculty offer the same mentoring and support to online students as we do to face-to-face students: you can reach us via email, phone, or video chat--and sometimes in person! We are here to help and advise you.
- Online students who live on/near campus can apply for graduate assistantships--we typically offer 6 each year, providing a full tuition waiver and a 9-month stipend. And you can take a mix of face-to-face and online courses!
- Students from a wide variety of undergraduate majors excel in our M.A. program. While having some Political Science coursework is advantageous, the key is developing strong critical thinking and communication skills.
- While our program focuses on public administration and public policy, this online degree is an M.A. in Political Science, ideal for teachers seeking dual credit/AP certification, and others who require advanced certification.
- Our program is high quality, flexible, and affordable.
This world has lots of problems requiring solutions--we hope you join us!
Degree: Master of Arts
Completion time: 33 hours (beginning in Fall of 2021)
- Program Information in EIU