Dean's RSO Advancement Funding Program
FUNDING WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR THE 2017-2018 ACADEMIC YEAR -- please apply before October 1!
Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs) in the Lumpkin College of Business & Applied Sciences may make requests of the Dean to fund activities that demonstrate evidence of advancing the goals and objectives of the organization. Funding will be based on the merits of the request and upon the availability of funds. The purpose of funding support to LCBAS RSOs from the Dean is to:
- Bring recognition to EIU LCBAS student organizations through participation in professional activities beyond the campus
- Support the efforts of LCBAS student organization members to compete for awards and other recognitions of excellence at professional events
- Advance the leadership development of LCBAS RSO members through participation in student leadership activities at professional meetings
- Enhance the professional development of LCBAS RSO members from attendance at professionally relevant off-campus activities
Examples of activities include:
- Student chapter competitions at professional association conferences
- Student leadership activities at professional association conferences
- Attendance at national/international professional association conferences
- Attendance at regional/state professional association conferences
- Field trip activities planned by RSOs for organization members
- Requests must be received by the Debbie Endsley in the LCBAS Dean's office by October 1st.
- Complete and submit the Funding Request Form.
- RSO contact persons will be notified by mid-October of what, if any, funds have been awarded them.
- The funding limit per RSO is $500 per academic year.
- An RSO that does not spend its approved funding will not have its funding request the following year considered until all other RSO requests have been considered.
- Only expenses which are allowable according to State of Illinois and University policies will be considered for payment/reimbursement. Examples of allowable expenses include meeting/conference registration fees, competition entrance fees, airline tickets, mileage allowance for car transportation, and lodging. With the exception of prepaid conference registration fees, funds provided will be as reimbursements for documented expenses incurred.
- Within two weeks following event/activity, complete and submit a Reimbursement Form to Debbie Endsley, LCBAS Dean's Office.
- All expenses for which reimbursement is requested must be itemized.
- ORIGINAL receipts required.
- Individuals can only be reimbursed for a maximum of $200.
- A written report of the event funded must also be attached to the reimbursement request.
No reimbursements will be provided for expenses submitted after May 15.
Reimbursement may be expected approximately two weeks following submission of actual expenses/receipts.
Please note: Failure to notify the Dean’s office of unused allocated funds will result in a penalty of being ineligible to apply for funds the following year.
For more information contact Ms. Debbie Endsley, Dean’s Office, Lumpkin 4800, 581-3526, email firstname.lastname@example.org.