Benefits Choice 2018
May 1st to May 31st
Benefits Choice Booklet
Benefits Choice is the time to make changes to your insurance selections. You can:
- Add or drop dependents
- Add or drop health and dental coverage
- Change health insurance provider
This year's Benefit Choice period runs from May 1st to May 31st. Changes are effective July 1st.
With Benefits Choice quickly upon us during the month of May, please remember to visit the MyBenefits web portal at www.MyBenefits.illinois.govto register.
One time registration is all that is required. If you've already completed the process, you are not required to register again. Please verify your email address given at the initial registration.
MyBenefits Registration Guide
Changes in Benefits
Sarah Bush Lincoln will not be a provider of Health Alliance Medical Plans effective July 1, 2018.
- No Paper Forms
- Benefit enrollment and changes will be done online through MyBenefits Marketplace.
- Name Change
- Coventry Health Care's name has been changed to Aetna. This includes HMO and OAP plans.
- Quality Care Health Plan (QCHP) will transition from Cigna to Aetna pending on litigation.
- Premium Changes
- Monthly premiums have not changed for full-time employees. However, part-time employee monthly premiums will increase.
- Sick Leave Bank
- If you are previously enrolled in the Sick Leave Bank, you will be re-enrolled automatically. New members can sign up on PAWS during the Benefits Choice period.
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- To sign up or re-enroll for a Flexible Spending Account, you can do so during the Benefits Choice period through MyBenefits.