Recent Searches

Loading Search Results...
Loading Directory Results...



Recent Pages

Recent Searches

EIU Housing

Housing Updates

On-Campus Isolation Housing

Students who live in University Housing (residence halls, Greek Court, University Court, University Apartments) and test positive for COVID-19 may be required to temporarily move to an on-campus isolation space. The primary on-campus isolation space is in University Apartments; additional space may be available if needed. Students who use this space will have food brought to them and will not be using common services like laundry rooms.  These students are also instructed to remain in their unit and not roam freely around the complex.

Do you need meals while self-isolating?

Residents that need to self-isolate may use the Panther Pick up to get food from the three residential dining centers:

The Panther Meal Pick-up process is a service allowing you to designate another student to pick up a meal for you from a dining center (Thomas, Taylor, or Tower) and deliver the meal to you while you are ill. This process is to limit your exposure and avoid anyone handling your Panther Card.

To utilize this service, you must: 1. Live on campus and, 2. have an active meal plan.

You will need to fill out this form at for each meal.


Is your Roommate self-isolating?

If you are a roommate of a person who is self-isolating, an overnight alternative room can be made available to you (at no charge).  Simply call 217-549-0170, explain your situation, and the person on call will make the arrangements.


Related Pages

Contact Information

Housing & Dining Services

MLK Jr., University Union,
600 Lincoln Ave.
Charleston, IL 61920
Fax: 217-581-6489

Take the next step

apply now
schedule a visit