Recent Searches

Loading Search Results...
Loading Directory Results...



Recent Pages

Recent Searches

EIU Housing


Nontraditional Students Living in Housing

At EIU, nontraditional students can live in any of our residence halls or our two apartment complexes on campus. We have many options to help the best fit your needs. If you have any questions or would like to talk to one of our staff members about your options, please contact us.

apply nowUniversity Apartments provide reasonably priced apartments for families, graduate students, and students 25 years of age or older. There are 76 partially furnished/furnished one-bedroom apartments and 54 efficiency apartments in the University Apartment complex. All utilities including local telephone service, Ethernet service, cable television service, water, gas, electric, and trash removal are included in the rent.

University Apartment Application Timeline

Nontraditional students can live in any of our 11 Residence Halls. Check out more information about the offerings in the residence halls here.

University Court combines the benefits of on-campus housing with the comforts of apartment living.

Nontraditional students interested in living with roommates may also consider University Court. Staff is on call for emergencies 24-hours a day. University Court is financial aid friendly as all of our billing is done through your student account. Apartments have two bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen/dining area, and a living room. Each apartment is furnished and can accommodate two to four students. University Court is located just south of Andrews Hall within walking distance of nearly everything the university has to offer. Graduate students who are searching for roommates will be able to do so through our RoomSync app.

University Court Application Timeline

Meals on Campus

Students living in the residence halls are on a room and board plan, meaning meals are included in the housing and dining contract.

Students living in University Court or University Apartments can purchase an optional meal plan. Please stop by the University Housing and Dining Services office or call 217-581-5733 for more information once you arrive on campus.

Students may also purchase a meal plan or Dining Dollars if they are not living on campus.

More Information on the Residence Halls

Do you have a comment, question, or concern about living on-campus?

Related Pages

Contact Information

Housing & Dining Services

MLK Jr., University Union,
600 Lincoln Ave.
Charleston, IL 61920
Fax: 217-581-6489

Take the next step

apply now
schedule a visit