Order of Omega
Eastern Illinois University is proud to host a chapter of the Order of Omega to recognize the outstanding leadership of individual members of our fraternity and sorority community. The Order of Omega helps provide scholarship opportunities for students new to the fraternity and sorority community as well as seasoned leaders. The Order of Omega has taken on projects such as philanthropic support of St. Jude Children's Hospital as well as sponsoring our annual Greek Leadership Conference.
The purpose of the Order of Omega is:
- To recognize those fraternity men and women who have attained a high standard of leadership in interfraternity activities, to encourage them to continue along this line, and to inspire others to strive for similar conspicuous attainment.
- To bring together outstanding fraternity men and women to create an organization that will help to mold the sentiment of the institution on questions of local and intercollegiate fraternity affairs.
- To bring together members of the faculty, alumni, and student members of the institution's fraternities and sororities on a basis of mutual interest, understanding, and helpfulness.
- To help create an atmosphere where ideas and issues can be discussed openly across Greek lines and to help work out solutions.
To be eligible for membership in The Order of Omega, a student shall meet the following minimum requirements:
- One full academic year of residence in the institution where elected.
- Junior or Senior (undergraduate) standing.
- Rank academically above the all-Greek system average (combined fraternity and sorority average is 3.00).
- Be in good standing with their affiliated fraternal organization.
Order of Omega Membership Application
Applications are due January 28 at 11:59 p.m.
Any questions concerning the application please contact Bethany Plebanek or Alex Thompson.
2019 Executive Board
President: Bethany Plebanek
Vice President: Jezel Mallaney
Treasurer: Leslie Drueke
Applications to join the Order of Omega are available each fall and spring semester and new member initiation occurs twice a year during those same semesters. For more information, please contact Alex Thompson, Order of Omega Graduate Advisor.