National Pan-Hellenic Council
Eastern Illinois University's National Pan-Hellenic Council is comprised of six of the nine historically African-American fraternities and sororities who belong to the NPHC. The mission of the National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) is to promote cooperation and harmony between member organizations and between members and other campus organizations to develop a positive relationship for the Greek community.
The purpose of the National Pan-Hellenic Council is:
- To act as a unifying body that promotes scholarships, community service, campus involvement, and success for each active organization.
- To take steps to alleviate problems within the Greek community.
- To plan events between NPHC Fraternities and Sororities and between other fraternities/sororities and other campus organizations.
- To promote positive inter-Greek relations among the Interfraternity Council, the Panhellenic Council, and the campus community.
EIU NPHC Website
Update Chapter Information
EIU National Pan-Hellenic Calendar
- HTML (open calendar in browser)
- ICS (subscribe to calendar) ***faster option
National Pan-Hellenic chapters at EIU!
Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
President: Justin Earls
Advisors: DeMarlon Brown
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
President: Malcolm Miller
Advisor: James Tate
Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
President: Christopher Dorsey
Advisor: Seve Day
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
President: Cydne Garrett
Advisor: Dr. Shawn Peoples
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
President: Breanna Young
Advisor: Leslie Buckner
Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
President: Amanda White
Advisor: Ethel Shanklin
Alpha Psi Lambda - EIU Colony & NPHC Associate Chapter
President: Kenia Gonzalez
Advisor: Dr. Kristin Routt
*Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. was suspended by Eastern Illinois University in the Fall of 2013. The suspension is in effect through the 2019 calendar year. Contact the Phi Beta Sigma Great Lakes Region Director firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
NPHC Executive Board
President: Rylin Newman
1st Vice President: Darien Ghostone
2nd Vice President: Christopher Dorsey
Secretary: Hillary Fuller
Treasurer: Cydni Garrett
Parliamentarian: Bria Caldwell
Public relations: Brianna Littlejohn
NPHC Graduate Advisor: Jordan Dadez
For more information, please contact the National Pan-Hellenic Council President, Rylin Newman