To earn the full Certificate, students must complete 18 total credit hours, as noted below.
All students must complete:
- ENG 5585 Writing Project for K-16 Teachers (6 credits)
In Summer 2018, ENG 5585 will be offered as a hybrid course = 2/3 on-campus and 1/3 online.
In Summer 2019, ENG 5585 will be offered fully online.
In addition to ENG 5585, students need four of the following three-credit courses, which are offered on rotation:
- ENG 4760 Studies in Professional Writing*
- ENG 4765 Professional Editing
- ENG 4801 Integrating the English Language Arts
- ENG 4906 Problems in the Teaching of English*
- ENG 5007 Composition Theory and Pedagogy
- ENG 5011 Studies in Composition and Rhetoric*
- ENG 5061A, B, or D Special Topics in Literature and Literary Theory*
- ENG 5091A or B Studies in Language, Linguistics, and Literacy*
* May be taken more than once
NOTE: no more than 12 credits (or 4 courses) between 4750 and 4999 may count toward the MA degree