English Studies Essay Contest
The Scholarships and Awards Committee seeks entries in the English Department's annual English Studies Essay Contest. Undergraduate and graduate essays will be judged in separate competitions.
• Essays should be of at least 1200 words.
• Essays may deal with any topic, including literary analysis or interpretation, rhetoric or composition studies, professional writing, pedagogy, and creative nonfiction.
• Submissions should be clean copies without instructor marks or comments.
• A student may submit only one entry.
• The entrant's name should not appear on the essay itself. Fill out the required information below and upload an essay as a .doc or .pdf.
• Entries are due by Wednesday, March 23, 2016.
• Prizes will be awarded at the English Department Awards Tea.
• Awardees will be invited to present on a panel at the English Studies Day Conference.