How to Set Up Email Forwarding
Email in D2L is contained within D2L. Email messages can only be sent to others within D2L. A D2L email cannot be sent to an email address outside of D2L and email from an outside email address cannot be received by D2L. Users must log in to D2L to access D2L email.
Because of this, many users choose to have D2L email messages forwarded to their Panthermail email account to notify them when a D2L email message has been received in D2L. Choosing this option forwards all email received in D2L to your outside email account.
- The forwarded message from D2L is a "Do Not Reply" message. If you reply to the forwarded message from your Panthermail account, the recipient will not receive the email.
- You must log in to D2L to reply to the message in D2L.
To set up email forwarding:
- On the minibar, click on your username.
- Select "Account Settings."
- Select the Email tab at the top of the Account Settings page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, select the desired Forwarding Options, and enter your email address.
- Select the blue "Save and Close" button.
The written tutorials and video simulations on the D2L Solutions site are developed and brought to you by the
Faculty Development and Innovation Center
phone 217-581-7051 :: email firstname.lastname@example.org :: web www.eiu.edu/fdic
Contact the FDIC for questions about the tutorials, to suggest topics for new tutorials, or to schedule a consultation appointment. The FDIC staff can recommend integration solutions using D2L and other instructional technologies for your online, hybrid, and face-to-face courses.
For Help with D2L
Call 217-581-HELP (4357), email email@example.com, or
contact the Instructional Support Specialist (ISS) for your department.