Minor in Management Information Systems (MIS)
Students majoring in Computer and Information Technology (CIT) will be able to select courses that will fulfill the major requirements and satisfy either required course or elective course requirements leading to a minor in Management Information Systems (MIS). Students are advised to make their decisions at the beginning of their program, in order to maximize the benefit.
Specifically, the following courses included in the CIT program would satisfy the requirements for a minor in MIS:
MIS Minor Course Requirements (21 semester hours)
Required Core Courses for MIS Minor (15 semester hours)
- BUS 1950 Computer Concepts and Applications for Business. Credits: 3
- BUS 3500 Management Information Systems. Credits: 3
- MIS 2000 Introduction to Business Logic and Programming Skills. Credits: 3
- MIS 3200 Networking Fundamentals. Credits: 3
- MIS 4200 Systems and Database Analysis, Design, and Development. Credits: 3
Electives for MIS Minor (6 credit hours)
Six semester hours of course work selected from the following:
- MIS 3530 Business Web Site Design. Credits: 3
- MIS 4850 Systems Security. Credits: 3
- MIS 4860 Ethical Hacking and Network Defense. Credits: 3.
- OSC 4820 Business Analytics and Data Mining. Credits: 3