Recent Searches

Loading Search Results...
Loading Directory Results...



Recent Pages

Recent Searches

EIU Career Services

Non F1 students

Most of EIU’s international students are here studying on an F1 visa.  However, there are also students with other visa categories who are still considered international.  These categories include:

A: Diplomats and foreign government officials or dependent of one (includes A1, A2) 
H: Temporary Worker or dependent of one (includes H1B, H2, and H4)
J: Exchange Visitor or dependent of one (J1, J2)
L: Intracompany Transferee or dependent of one (includes L1, L2)
R:  Religious Worker or dependent of one (includes R1, R2)

Depending on your visa category, you may or may not be eligible to receive work authorization in the US.  You are also ineligible for CPT and OPT – the work authorization granted to F1 students for internships during or after their studies.

Career Services can help you put together a job search strategy and ensure you have what you need to be able to conduct a job search.  

Contact Career Services for an appointment to discuss your needs as situations and options will differ depending on your current visa category.

Related Pages

Contact Information



Career Services

Eastern Illinois University
1301 Human Services
Charleston, IL 61920

Take the next step

apply now
schedule a visit

Give to EIU

Every gift made to Eastern Illinois University -- whether it's big or small -- makes a difference. EIU's generous donors are helping our students fulfill their dreams every day, and you can be part of that.

Learn more about how to make your contribution today!