B.S.B in Business Administration Curriculum
Lower Division Curriculum
An Associate in Science, or Associate in Arts, in Business Administration degree from an Illinois Community College is the easiest way to transfer to EIU with the lower division requirements complete. However, if you have not earned one of these degrees, an EIU School of Business Academic Advisor can help you determine your best course of action for completing these courses. Please note: These lower division classes may not be available online at EIU.
Specific General Education Courses Required for Business Administration Major
- ECN 2801G, Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECN 2802G, Principles of Microeconomics
- MAT 1271, College Algebra (or exemption based on math assessment)
- MAT 2120G, Finite Mathematics
- MAT 2110G, Brief Calculus with Applications or PHI 1900G, Logical and Critical Reasoning*
Plus other courses to complete EIU’s General Education requirement.
- BUS 1950, Computer Concepts and Applications for Business*
- BUS 2101, Financial Accounting*
- BUS 2102, Managerial Accounting*
- BUS 2750, Legal and Social Environment of Business*
- BUS 2810, Business Statistics*
* A grade of C or better is required.
Students who attend other Illinois colleges should complete courses that have been approved as equivalent to the courses listed above.
Upper Division Curriculum
After admission to Eastern Illinois University, students complete the following courses, which EIU offers or online on a rotating basis:
Business Core Curriculum (7 courses, 21 semester hours)
- BUS 3010, Management and Organizational Behavior**
- BUS 3200, International Business**
- BUS 3470, Principles of Marketing**
- BUS 3500, Management Information Systems**
- BUS 3710, Business Financial Management**
- BUS 3950, Operations Management
- BUS 4360, Strategy and Policy
** A grade of C or better is required as a prerequisite for some of the Major Course options.
Major Courses (8 courses, 24 semester hours)
One upper-division course from each of the following disciplines:
- Accounting (ACC)
- Finance (FIN)
- Management (MGT)
- Management information systems (MIS)
- Marketing (MAR)
- Operations & Supply Chain Management (OSC)
Two additional upper-division courses (six hours):
- Selected from the above business disciplines;
- BUS 4000, Business Ethics; and/or
- ENT 3300, Foundations of Entrepreneurship
Students without significant relevant work experience are encouraged to complete an internship for credit.
- Senior Seminar (three hours; required of all EIU graduates)
- Electives hours needed to meet the university requirements for graduation.
- Foreign Language: Students who have not completed at least two years in a single foreign language in high school (with an average grade of C or better for the two years’ work) also must complete two university-level courses in a single foreign language
Fall 2019 - Fall 2024 class rotation schedule