About the Scholarship
Wells Fargo Advisors local office (Managing Director - Gary Swearingen) donated $20,000 to local high school students looking to continue their education at EIU. Swearingen is challenging other local businesses to contribute in order to promote student success and support EIU.
This scholarship is available thanks to generous donations made by the following local businesses:
- Wells Fargo Advisors
- Yost Enterprises
- Marketing By Jones LLC
- Dieterich Bank
- First Mid Illinois Bank & Trust
- Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center
- Agracel, Inc.
- Midland States Bank
- Washington Savings Bank
- Heartland Dental
- Must be a high school senior due to graduate in Spring 2019;
- Must attend high school in Champaign, Clark, Coles, Crawford, Cumberland, Douglas, Edgar, Effingham, Jasper, Macon, Moultrie, Piatt, Richland, Shelby, or Vermilion county;
- Must complete the online application form and submit a personal statement/essay (see below);
- Must submit at least one letter of recommendation from a teacher, principal, supervisor or mentor (optional); and
- Must be admitted to Eastern Illinois University by March 15, 2019.
- Explain how you have been a role model for students at your high school and peers in your community?
- How would you continue being a role model as an EIU student?
- Please provide examples of involvement, leadership, community service, and recognition.
The Scholarship Application & Deadline