About the Scholarship
In 2017, the local office of Wells Fargo Advisors (led by Managing Director Gary Swearingen) donated $20,000 to launch the Community Ambassador Scholarship Fund, which supports local high school students looking to continue their education at EIU. Since then many local area businesses and individuals have contributed to this fund.
Local businesses this year that have donated generously to fund this scholarship include:
- SC3F Wealth Management Group
- Midland States Bank
- Heartland Dental
- KC Summers
- Consolidated Communications
- Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center
- Agracel, Inc.
- Washington Savings Bank
- The First National Bank
- First Neighbor Bank
- West & Company LLC
- Doehring Winders & Co. LLP
- KIMA Management LLC
- Must be a high school senior due to graduate in the Spring;
- Must attend high school in Champaign, Clark, Coles, Crawford, Cumberland, Douglas, Edgar, Effingham, Jasper, Macon, Moultrie, Piatt, Richland, Shelby, or Vermilion county;
- Must complete the online application form and submit a personal statement/essay (see below);
- Must submit at least one letter of recommendation from a teacher, principal, supervisor or mentor (optional); and
- Must be admitted to Eastern Illinois University by March 15.
- How you have been a role model for students at your high school and peers in your community?
- How would you continue being a role model as an EIU student?
- Please provide examples of involvement, leadership, community service, and recognition.
The Scholarship Application & Deadline