Access the printer friendly PDF version here.
A "What-If"? audit allows you to see how coursework would apply to some other major than the one the student currently has declared.
1. To run a "What-If"? audit, click the “What-If?”button.
Note: To run a what-if audit, you must know what college offers the major, what degree it leads to, and what the name of the major is. To obtain this information, visit the “Majors and Minors” website.
2. Select the appropriate information from the drop-down menus:
3. Now click “Run Analysis.”
4. Now select either “View Submitted Audits” or, if you are running several audits, “Submit Another Report.”
Note: Occasionally, an error message will appear, advising you that you should contact the Webmaster for more information. These messages usually indicate that you have selected an inappropriate combination of majors and minors, and your best recourse is to run the audit without the minor. If you do need assistance, however, please contact your advisor or college degree certification officer for assistance.
5. If you elect to view your audit, you will find it on the “List of Available Audits.” Single-click its name and the audit will open.
6. Review the Audit!
Note: The audit that opens is an “enhanced audit.” The enhanced audit actually is two audits: A summary of requirements and a more detailed list of requirements. Clicking on the colored arrow to the left of a summary requirement will take you to the more detailed version of that same requirement.
The enhanced audits can be quite long. You also may find the colors and graphics distracting. For these reasons, you may prefer reviewing the “Printer Friendly Report,” which you can access from the link at the top of the enhanced audit.
You can learn more about degree audits from the Annotated Degree Audit.