Sunil Thapa, First Graduate Student Admitted to Sustainable Energy Program
How far from home would you travel in pursuit of your educational goals? Would nearly two days of travel and a 16 hour flight from Asia to America sound about right? It did to Sunil Thapa, the first graduate student admitted to the newly established Master of Science in Sustainable Energy program at Eastern Illinois University, and he is making the most of his experience. Read more ...
The School of Technology is and will continue to be recognized as a premier provider of quality programs and services that enhance the capacity of professionals and organizations to integrate people and technology for optimum work performance and learning. Applied research, exemplary teaching and partnerships are the hallmarks of mutually enriching activities that foster scholarship for students and faculty and economic development for the region. The School of Technology is characterized by the following features:
- Faculty who create motivating learning environments, and use instructional methods and teaching strategies that facilitate optimum learning;
- Graduates who are professionally competent and highly employable;
- Dynamic interaction between the faculty and students that foster a synergy for continuous improvement of programs, services and partnerships;
- Exemplary regional model for applied research, technological innovation, consultation, and public service in the areas of training and development, applied engineering and technology, career and technical education, organizational and professional development, quality management, computer technology, workforce safety, teaching, and the technologies of productivity;
- Collegial relationships and support for faculty research, innovation and professional development in the respective academic disciplines.