The Student Life Office employs four graduate assistants each year, helping them gain experience within the area of student life. We look for graduate students interested in helping students "make things happen." Student life graduate assistants are enrolled in a variety of disciplines within Eastern's 26 master's degree and two specialist degree programs.
If you are interested in a hands-on graduate experience that incorporates advising and supervising, we invite you to consider joining our student life team!
- Graduate assistants must have bachelor's degree with a minimum 2.75 cumulative grade point average.
- Graduate assistants must be able to matriculate into master's degree program within the university.
- Graduate assistants must be admitted to The Graduate School and a master's degree program.
- Graduate assistantship offers are contingent upon acceptance into The Graduate School.
- Graduate assistants must participate in Student Life Office interview and selection process.
- Previous experience with student life programs is desired. Event programming, leadership development and/or service learning are examples of such experience.
Each spring, the Student Life Office reviews potential candidates to fill open positions. This year, Student Life will be participating in CSA Days (hosted at EIU), OPE, as well as taking applications from individuals not participating in either of those programs.
The following items are needed to submit a complete application:
- Cover Letter
- List of Three References
- Student Life Application
- 500-Word Personal Statement (Including career goals, experiences, and interest in Student Life.)
For additional information on student life graduate assistantships, please use the following links: