NSP Program Specialists
We are not currently accepting applications at this time.
New Student Programs has 6 well-rounded student leaders as Program Specialists:
- one Debut Specialist
- one Prowl Specialist
- one Leadership Specialist
- one Freshman Specialist
- one Transfer Specialist
- one Logistics and Recruitment Specialist
Program Specialists participate in the development and implementation of EIU Debut, Prowl, Freshmen Initiatives, Transfer Initiatives and Leadership programs. Program individuals will play a key role in the recruitment, orientation, and transition process of nearly 3,000 new students and their families.
Specifically, individuals will assist in facilitating:
- Selection and training of the NSP program staff.
- Assist in the staffing of the New Student Programs office.
- Facilitate the invitation, registration, and check-in processes for department programs.
- Administrative, planning, implementation of department programs.
- Various other activities associated with New Student Programs including, but not limited to, open house, campus tours, and campus events.
- Other duties as asssigned.
To learn more about the Program Specialists qualifications, commitments, and the application and interview process click here.
Specialists will also facilitate specific program components as assigned:
- Debut Specialist Components (Transfer, Freshman, Family) Detailed Description
Overseeing small group sessions, assisting with the Academic Advisement process, performing theatrical presentations, and coordinating the check-in and registration functions of the program.
- Prowl Specialist Components Detailed Description
Organizing fall move-in day, information booths, golf cart transportation, facilitating various events, coordinating of marketing materials, performing theatrical presentations, and coordinating the check-in and registration functions of the programs.
- Freshman Specialist Components Detailed Description
Facilitating workshops, mentor programs, newsletters, social events, and retention activities for incoming Freshmen.
- Transfer Specialist Components Detailed Description
Facilitating Workshops, mentor programs, newsletters, social events, and retention activities for incoming Transfers.
- Leadership Specialist Components Detailed Description (participation in the Emerging Leaders program is required)
Recruiting participants for the program, communicating with campus partners, and facilitating the program curriculum.
- Logistics and Recruitment Specialist Components Detailed Description
Creating and maintaining program inventories, coordinating setup & breakdown of events, assist in developing marketing materials for staff positions and events, assist in interviews and hiring process.