Gateway Orientation, Advisement & Registration
See your advisers, choose your classes, meet new people, and more! Make the connection and get engaged.
Registering for a program
New freshmen are required to attend an Orientation, Advisement & Registration program. The program is designed to provide an orientation to campus, allow new students to meet with an academic adviser, register for courses and complete several other tasks. Freshman students will be e-mailed an invitation to the program. The invitation will contain a program reservation clink. Students will need to complete the reservation form online to secure a program date.
The Gateway program will provide you with an opportunity to accomplish a number of important tasks including:
- Learn the ins and outs of the Gateway Program
- Mandatory placement testing
- Learn about academic degree requirements
- Meet with your academic adviser
- Use P.A.W.S. to register for your fall classes
- Specific majors require mandatory testing
- Learning the ropes from current students
- Become more familiar with campus facilities
- Learn about campus support services and programs
- Programs designed to help parents and students in their transition to EIU
Coming to Eastern opens a new chapter in your life. The transition from high school to the university setting is an exciting time filled with a myriad of opportunities. This transition also raises a number of questions and concerns regarding your first year here at Eastern Illinois University. We promise that your orientation day will provide you with more than a class schedule: it will prepare and excite you for your Freshman year at EIU.
Entering Fall 2014 (program reservation begins March 1, 2014)
- Dates coming soon!
7:00 am Program Check-In, Grand Ballroom
7:45 am Morning Welcome, Gateway Program Orientation
8:30 am Academic Orientation
9:30 am Student and Family Programs
12:00 pm Panther Fair and Lunch
1:00 pm Student and Family Programs
4:00 pm Program Concludes